Parish Church of St Barbara

 
This church is located in the Oberpettnau area of the village of Pettnau and was built in 1412. It was modernised and given an artistically designed interior in 1746. The ceiling and altar paintings by Josef Anton Zoller depict the life of Saint Joseph. The church also contains a number of attractive Baroque figures, some of which were created by Johann Perger. Extensive renovation work was carried out on the church between 1990 and 1995. During this time, remnants of the walls of two former churches were discovered. A number of different memorial plaques indicate that noble lines were once based in the village.
Pfarrkirche St. Barbara
Kelltertal 144
A 6408 Pettnau
addresses