Hörtenberg Castle ruins
The ruins of Hörtenberg Castle are located in an alpine meadow above the village of Pfaffenhofen and can be seen from afar. Court was held here in the Middle Ages before jurisdiction was moved to the town of Telfs. In 1706, a lightning strike ignited 1,500 quintals of powder reserves stored in the castle, and the building fell victim to the massive explosion that followed. Today, only the keep remains and this has been given a roof for protection. The ruins can only be viewed from the outside.
A 6405 Pfaffenhofen