Church S. Nicolaus

 

The church of Mutters was consecrated to the holy Nikolaus and is a building full of exciting history. The tower is about 54m high and the main altar dates back to the year 1790. The church of Mutters was first mentioned in a document in 1327. In 1727 a huge fire destroyed the tower and the roof of the church and 11 other houses of the village. In 1759 a dome in baroque style was constructed and during the period of 1907-1908 the frescoes of the church were restored by art-painter and constructor August Mair. Five new bells were sanctified and installed in 1920 by the famous bell founder company Grassmayr.

 
Pfarrkirche Mutters
Herrn
Pfr.Tomas Ostarak
Kirchplatz
A 6162 Mutters
T: +43 512 / 54 84 43
Adresy